Books and Ebooks by the Author

Thou Shalt NOT Steal

Thou Shalt NOT Steal

Created By Jim Linderman and Dull Tool Dim Bulb

A Jim Linderman and Dull Tool Dim Bulb Presentation

Thursday

The Broken Cross Proof of a Communist Devil at Work old time religion




Their Peace Symbol "The Broken Cross" handout circa 1968 Collection Jim Linderman

See also OLD TIME RELIGION the BOOK (Faith Healers, Miracle Men, Radio Preachers and Evangelists! Graphics of Revival, the Apocalypse and the Afterlife) HERE on Blurb.com

2 comments:

  1. Seeing the NY Times Sunday article on your work this week, I migrated to this blog and see that I can add something to this particular post on the peace sign... above and beyond its supposed creation as the semaphore interpretation of the "N" and "D" of the Nuclear Disarmament movement. I have a WW2 tank and vehicle collectors' newsletter with examples of various German Panzer divisions' insignia, one of which is Our Peace Sign. As it will take me just a while to find it and scan it for you I can't include it here and now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many folks think that the story of the peace sign being the side-by-side combination of the semaphore letters for N and D (from the Nuclear Disarmament movement of the 50s/60s is the earliest beginning of it. Not to say that my story is the absolute earliest appearance either, but, the German Army in WW2 has the no-nukers beat. I have a newsletter from a WW2 model-makers club that has a reproduction of various insignia for Panzer tank divisions, including the "peace sign," though obviously not conveying that meaning. As I only saw the Times article and your blog today, it will take me a little while to dig it out and scan it and fwd to you.

    ReplyDelete