Books and Ebooks by the Author

Thou Shalt NOT Steal

Thou Shalt NOT Steal

Created By Jim Linderman and Dull Tool Dim Bulb

A Jim Linderman and Dull Tool Dim Bulb Presentation

Friday

Oral Roberts goes Oral old time religion



Oral the Orator.

Oral Roberts at one time ran a $120 million dollar business with over 2,000 employees. All serving the man upstairs, not the one with three Mercedes parked in the carport.

In 1977 Oral received a telephone call from a 900 foot tall Jesus who told him to build medical facilties. The same Jesus, regular size now I think, told him to cure cancer. Robert's gold bracelets and diamond ring were air-brushed out from his publicity photographs by his staff.

Press Photograph of Oral Roberts circa 1956 Collection Jim Linderman

1 comment:

  1. Ah, brother Oral! My paternal grandmother was raised an Ohio Quaker but after moving to Los Angeles she watched too much TV, especially brother Oral, and in 1965 she sent me off to a summer program at brand-new Oral Roberts University in Tulsa, Oklahoma. I rode a Continental Trailways bus both ways. And I must admit that, while the indoctrination didn't take, I was most impressed by brother Oral. He remains simply the most charismatic stage performer I've ever seen. Hmmm, no, he couldn't have been reincarnated as Lady Gaga, the timelines don't work. But the basics are the same.

    ReplyDelete