Books and Ebooks by the Author

Thou Shalt NOT Steal

Thou Shalt NOT Steal

Created By Jim Linderman and Dull Tool Dim Bulb

A Jim Linderman and Dull Tool Dim Bulb Presentation

Monday

Springborn's Way of the Cross (Send One Dollar) old time religion


At first, on reading the note on the back of this card I thought God invented the "fake handwriting" gambit which is so popular with junk mail, but I think it is actually written by hand!  I couldn't write that straight if I had to, and since all we do now is type and peck, I bet few others could either.

I don't know what Stringborn's motive was.  It could have been a legitimate attempt to share his faith.

On the other hand it could have been a traveling Bible salesman / lithograph salesman who got a dime for every cheap print he sold, and I'm going to favor the latter simply because my faith in man has been destroyed by Jesus.

I have also seen examples of this card with no writing on the reverse, and with a date of 1949.

The Way of the Cross with Salesman Pitch on Reverse.  Collection Jim Linderman

No comments:

Post a Comment